Zachary's Journey Through Autism

This is a blog dedicated to updating our family and friends - those that have a love for and interest in Zachary's journey through Autism.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Nursery Pictures

No real update on Zachary, as this IS his blog :-) We're just still battling the poopy woes over here of him starting and stopping in his undies instead of leaving what he's doing and going to the potty. So very frustrating... but at least otherwise he's rockin' and rollin' in the progress department - his speech is gaining at high speed and I'll take that along with poop battles rather than no speech gains any day!!!

Now on to the nursery pictures... please note that the valance IS NOT DONE. I don't know how to tie it up with the fancy little ties that are just hanging there into pretty bows, so I'll have to wait for my talented mother to come over for that one! And my camera makes the walls look dark greenish/pukish/pee-green - they are not!!! The bottom is a pale lime green to match the bedding. The whole room is from Pottery Barn Kids. I think it's just darker from the lack of light in the room because it's early morning and the valance is so low over the window. Who knows - but I assure you it's very cute and not pea colored! I'm still deciding on what to do (if anything) where the line meets at the two paint colors, but there's time. So here are the "so-far" pictures in all their glory:

We are leaving the basket of stuffed animals in there, so that Zach doesn't have major issues with nothing in his old room being his anymore - or that the "new kid" gets everything and he has nothing. You never know! But at least this way he has something that is "his" and he can go and play with, not being told no the whole time. Hopefully it will work.

And finally I just wanted to comment on the hanging butterflies over the crib and chair. I am so excited about these, and they are what sold me on the whole room when I was in PBK looking for bedding. How cool will it be for little Katie to look up at all the fluttering butterflies while she either falls off to sleep or is being fed in the chair? LOVE IT! The ones over the chair are at a vent, so they will blow around a lot, and then of course there's a fan in the room that will keep them all moving when it's on too. How fun! I didn't want to choke the room with butterflies, so I think I've got just enough right now as it is :- )

So there you have it! Lots still to do by way of washing and ironing all the bedding, and back-up bedding. And the closet needs a massive overhaul as the rod is so jam packed with clothes that it's hard to add anything else. I've been killing the consignment sales and finding REALLY cute stuff! So fun!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY cute. I definitely like it.

What about a 1 or 2 inch strip of molding where the two colors meet? I really don't think you need anything cause it already looks cute, but if you're really wanting something....just a thought.

3/19/2007 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home