Zachary's Journey Through Autism

This is a blog dedicated to updating our family and friends - those that have a love for and interest in Zachary's journey through Autism.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

An Exciting Few Days

Christmas is in the air!!! I can't believe it's only 5 days away! One of Zach's new phrases is "I can't believe it" - well me neither buddy! Today was his Christmas Party in his "typical" classroom. They had a performance that I got wind of, so with camcorder in tow I saw the cutest little show ever! The parents were in the auditorium and the kids (3 classes at a time) came in and went up on the stage and got onto the bleachers. They sang 4 Christmas songs. Zach was saying "hi mommy" very, very loudly, but once the singing started he did GREAT!!! I was so proud, and relieved that he stayed put and did what he was supposed to! And he did well! Music is definitely his "thing" by far! Their little hand movements and ringing bells and such were just too cute! I ate up every second, can you tell? :-)

And a few days ago we told everyone that I AM PREGNANT!!! Yep, due June 23rd. We'll find out the gender around the 1st week of February, and we are really, really thinking PINK!!!! A girl would be a huge mental relief from the whole Autism worry (boys are 4 times more likely than girls), but truly deep down I really would love a second boy. So either way will be great - healthy is really all that matters. A healthy, neurotypical child would be such a breath of fresh air around here. And Zach is going to be a good big brother too!!! When we ask him if he wants a baby brother or sister, he tells us no to both, "just Zachy"!!!! Sometimes he says one or the other, and the other night he said "baby brother." Then when Matt asked him what baby brothers name will be, he said "Baby Jesus"!!!!! Oh my!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Congratulations!

I'm so excited for you and Matt and Zach.

12/21/2006 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home