Zachary's Journey Through Autism

This is a blog dedicated to updating our family and friends - those that have a love for and interest in Zachary's journey through Autism.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Still Such a Good Brother


Zach remains such a good big brother. He truly loves his sister. And he loves her even more now that she can sit up and "play" a bit "with" him! This picture to the average viewer would not be much more than a cute showing of a little baby now sitting up, and a big brother hanging out with her. But to us, this picture is so much more. It's a boy who, according to the autism traits, shouldn't be involved with another person, as he should be withdrawn into his own world. He shouldn't be sharing his toys with her, and especially not his beloved Ernie figurine, since he's autistic and shouldn't want to interact with others. And he shouldn't have been saying "here Katie, you play with these friends and I'll play with these" since he shouldn't be talking so well. So here's to all the things that he's not :-) And to the good big brother that he is! Cheers buddy!


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to show 'em what they can do with their "shoulds," Zachary!

1/28/2008 8:47 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway and even BOOKMARKING me! What a great compliment :)

1/29/2008 10:02 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

What a beautiful picture of the sacred in the ordinary. Congratulations to you for celebrating the shoulds and the shouldn'ts!!!

1/30/2008 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still beautiful.

1/30/2008 10:32 AM  
Blogger The Downtown Boutique said...

How very sweet!

Thank you for your entry to our giveaway at The Downtown Boutique.

Yes, that picture of Grady Market is from where you think it is. I found it on flickr.com when I was looking for wonderfully cozy looking shops for my blog banner. The photographer was gracious and kind enough to allow me to use the photograph. You can find the link here:
http://flickr.com/photos/s_v_p/4974971/in/set-125269/

Have a wonderfl day!
Angie

1/30/2008 5:01 PM  
Blogger Carissa said...

Congratulations! You won the subscription to Cookie Magazine from Babyshopology. Please e-mail me your mailing address so I can get it started.

2/02/2008 8:10 AM  
Blogger Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Thanks for visiting my blog this week. I hope you'll come again soon. I will be announcing the winner of my giveaway on Monday.

2/02/2008 11:01 AM  
Blogger Carissa said...

You have a private profile so I can't access your e-mail. I need your mailing address so I can start the subscription to Cookie. Please e-mail me or leave a comment on my blog with this info. Thank you.

2/05/2008 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home